Why do some people have too much to live with, but too little to live for? Why do some enjoy every material comfort, yet live in dissatisfaction with the feeling that something is missing? On the other hand, how do others endure poverty and insufferable conditions daily with an exuberant spirit of hope and joy?
Through innovative, individually tailored immersion programs in Mozambique, CouldYou? provides people with an authentic local experience. We help participants utilize their skills in order to impact social change—and transform their own lives in the process.
We approach this immersion in a unique way that sets us apart from others. Our purpose is to:
- Break down the barriers that isolate humans from each other
- Address a need that a community requests—not one imposed upon it
- Maintain integrity and respect for the host community
- Create a space for individuals to experience a realistic, relational, and multifaceted view of poverty
- Provide a network of mentors and peers to help move ideas into action
- Meet the needs of participants by providing the catalysts—and tools—to change their lives