CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
For the CouldYou? Menstrual Cups Partnership Program
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed and accepted/rejected within two weeks.
The ability to manage one’s menstrual health with adequate knowledge, safety, and dignity and without stigma is an essential human right. However, several thousands of girls and women in African countries are not well prepared when menstruation begins. They lack access to information, products, and infrastructure needed to comfortably manage menstruation. Girls’ and women’s health, well-being, and rights are compromised when they must isolate themselves from their families; avoid work, community activities, or school; and face risks to their physical safety because of their basic biology. Adolescent girls are especially vulnerable to negative outcomes related to menstruation, including effects on their overall self-esteem and confidence. The CouldYou? menstrual cups project is sustainably addressing the Menstrual Health Management (MHM) needs of rural women and girls in Africa through improved access to information and menstrual health products (cups). CouldYou? seeks to build and sustain partnerships with local NGOs and communities to scale up the delivery of menstrual cups to rural/vulnerable women and girls in Africa. It is CouldYou?’s objective to sustainably deliver the menstrual cups to communities through partnerships with local NGOs, churches, community influencers, and Government institutions.
The applicant must:
1) Be a registered NGO eligible to operate in Ghana
2) Have a commitment towards women reproductive health
3) Have a proven past experience in health education
4) Have the ability/staff/resources to do 3 months of follow up with their beneficiaries who receive the CY cup
5) Have a commitment towards the SDG’s (Sustainable Development Goals)
6) Be able to attend webinars and periodic conferences calls for check-
The following documents are to be submitted as part of the EOI submission:
1. Cover letter
2. Duly filled CouldYou? menstrual cup EOI application form
3. Copy of NGO registration document